DUNWOODY, Ga. — Dunwoody’s Brook Run Park will be transformed for the holidays with ice skating, food trucks, music and a movie on Dec. 7.
“We hope this will be the start of a new Dunwoody tradition,” said Dunwoody Parks Recreation Supervisor Rachel Waldron. “We look forward to showcasing Dunwoody’s largest park, Brook Run, in a new and special way.”
Winter Wonderland will begin at 10 a.m. with ice skating on a temporary rink. Skating passes, ages 3 and older, can be purchased at bit.ly/dunreccatalog. Space is limited. The $10 pass includes an hour of skating time and skate rental. Guests are welcome to bring their own skates but are required to have a pass. The final time slot is 5:30 p.m.
The daylong celebration will also feature:
• B98.5’s “B at the Movies” Holiday Night with a free showing of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” on the big screen at dusk.
• Live music from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. from the Stage Door Carolers and Dunwoody’s own “Friction,” winner of the 2019 Dunwoody Battle of the Bands.
• Food trucks from 1 to 6 p.m.
• Jumping on Bouncy, the world’s tallest inflatable snowman
• Photos with the Coca-Cola polar bear from 4 to 6 p.m.
•A special unveiling of “tree scarves,” presented by the Atlanta Knitting Guild and Dogwood Rug Hooking Guild
All daytime activities will be held near the Veterans Memorial. The movie will be in the event field near the playground.
Brook Run Park is at 4770 N. Peachtree Road in Dunwoody. For more city events, visit dunwoodyga.gov.